Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Flowers after the hail storm

The last 2 nights we have had some really bad thunderstorms and lost power Tuesday night from about 10pm until about 4 am. Then last night some hail was thrown into the mix. Now I know it is not as large as some of you have seen, but we don't get hail very often here and this was the largest in quite some time. This first picture shows it coming down, you can see the impacts (especially on lower right of the pic).

This was not even one of the larger pieces that fell, plus it had melted a little by the time I got it.
My lillies were gorgeous and full when we returned on Mon. night, but now they are battered, they still look full, but close up you can see the damage to them from the hail. The big busy plant on the right is my Purple Cone flower. It is about to start blooming, luckily it was not damaged. We are suppose to get another storm tonight, hopefully it won't hail again.

This is Jacob's Tea Rose bush. It was loaded down with blooms and the hail and rain gave it a pretty good beatdown as well, but it still looks beautiful. I need to get out there and pull some more weeds...all this rain has helped them to go crazy.

This is not mine, it is actually over the fence in my neighbor, Alice's yard. I just thought it was sooo pretty that I had to take a picture of it to share.

No comments:

May 2023 MPP - Exploring In Color

I LOVE this month's cards, especially the ones with the buffalos. They remind me of our trip to hubby's sister's country home in...