Sunday, June 14, 2009

More Flowers Blooming

More flowers in my garden are blooming, all this rain has really made a lot of my perrenials go to town this year. I've been amazed at how large they are this year and how many blooms I am getting. Now my little garden in the back is really, really in need of some serious weeding, but without Jacob here to help me anymore, it is getting harder and harder for me to do and I just simply haven't had the time and when I do I don't have the desire - its a vicious circle! Anyway, here are some pictures of my garden - the yellow and orange ones are my favorite, but I can't remember what they are called.

Red Hot Poker

The Red Hot Pokers are my favorite - I wished they bloomed for a longer period of time. I think the plants that are around the bird bath are my Black-eyed Lazy Susans...they started coming back last year after a year of no-show and Jacob and I transplanted them around the birdbath and they are making another appearance. They never bloomed last year, so hopefully they will this year and confirm that that is what they are.The pictures below are actually from the front yard.
These are some daisies on the right of the front porch steps, also lots of the spider grass there. I think some of the Gerber Daisies I planted behind the purple cone flowers are coming back up, but they aren't blooming yet. I may have to move them to in front of the cone flowers as they have gotten so large this year they are blocking the sunlight to everything else on the other side of them. Check the "My Flowers after the hail storm" post for a picture of the front garden area, these are in the bed below the orange lillies - they just weren't blooming yet.

Only one lonely red flower on my Canna Lillies so far, but once they start it isn't long before the are full of them. These are also on the right of the front porch along with the purple cone flowers.

These are my purple cone flowers(Echinacea). I just planted them last year and they only got maybe 1-1/2' tall last year, but are huge this year with lots and lots of buds - I am soooo happy! Now you have to realize the reason I am so happy is that I really do not have a green thumb - most things just die on me.

Now I know this isn't a flower and it wasn't taken today, but it was such a beautiful sunset on 6/9/09 with a partial rainbow (can you see it in the middle) that I just had to share it.

1 comment:

Gwen Mangelson said...

red- red hot poker

yellow large looks like daylillies (bloom one day each)

purple is echinacea

yellow small is a dahlia

did I miss any?

May 2023 MPP - Exploring In Color

I LOVE this month's cards, especially the ones with the buffalos. They remind me of our trip to hubby's sister's country home in...