Friday, November 12, 2010

Sr. Ctr. Cards and Line Dancers

I went today for my monthly card making day at the Sr. Ctr. We made a Thanksgiving's Day card and a couple of Christmas cards.

This card used the French Foliage stamp set from the current Holiday mini. The words are from a retired set called Country Blessings and punched out with the new 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Extra-large punch.

Look closely and you can see the embossed images on both of these cards. I had pre-done this using the Stampin' Up! Northern Flurry embossing folder. You could dress these up with some of the self-adhesive rhinestones or pearls that Stampin' Up! sells. I had also cut out a bunch of Bashful Blue snowflakes using the Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die, but they opted not to use them this time - I will come up with another card for next month using them. One of the ladies decided she was not in the mood to stamp today, so I did take one of my samples (these belong to one of the ladies that stamped) and dressed it up with a small Bashful Blue snowflake on a blue card like the one on the left and put it on the upper right side of the scallop and added a tiny pearl to it (forgot to take a picture of it). It really looked nice.

After we made cards, it turned out that they had the HeeHaw Line Dancers coming in to perform for the Seniors, so my friend Bobbie and I (she goes with me now) stayed to watch and have some lunch with them (they had a nice little spread of finger sandwiches and cake - Yum!

Here I got the Activities Director, Janie, joining them in their performance for the first couple of routines. They were very good.

At the end they did the Electric Slide and asked for anyone who wanted to join them, so I and one other lady volunteered to dance. Bobbie took my camera and sneakily got this shot of me - Ugh!

Afterwards, they put their hats on a couple of us for a photo opt....yep - that is me in the front row midde. My knees were killing me by the time we finished the dance, but I enjoyed myself as I love to do line dances. I would love to join a group like this, but my knees and legs (shins) would not allow it. Maybe someday if I ever get my knees replaced.

No comments:

May 2023 MPP - Exploring In Color

I LOVE this month's cards, especially the ones with the buffalos. They remind me of our trip to hubby's sister's country home in...