Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm a MIL and Grandma Now!

Well, as I mentioned before I just returned from Texas, visiting my folks. Now the rest of the story. A week before I left, my oldest son, George called to advise me he was engaged and they would be getting married soon. Her name is Amanda (Mandy) and she has a 4-yr. old daughter named Carmelina (Carmen). Well, they got married on Sept. 17th. So before I left I quickly made a wedding card to send them. I love the way it came out. Hope they liked it. Now I am patiently waiting for him to send me some pictures that his friends took. They had a simple ceremony at the Justice of the Peace. I can't wait to see what my new DIL and Granddaughter (step) look like. Anyway, here is the card I made for them.




I used the Manhattan Flower Embossing folder. I then mixed alcohol with a little bit of the new Shimmerz Paint in a spritzer and sprayed the paper to give it some shimmer. Using a glue pin, I went along the raised edges of the roses and sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds. It was very shimmery in person.

No comments:

May 2023 MPP - Exploring In Color

I LOVE this month's cards, especially the ones with the buffalos. They remind me of our trip to hubby's sister's country home in...