Saturday, May 16, 2009

Baby Shower Thank Yous

Sorry for the delay in posting this sample I've been promising you of a Thank You card I made for Ilene's baby shower. I finally remembered to take a picture of one and then it took me awhile to remember to post it. We didn't put anything on the inside as she prefered to write each person a note. The stamp sets used were "She's All That" and "Elegant Greetings". Both sets are retired. We also used the Stampin' Up! Note Cards with envelope, which are just a bit smaller than the standard size card.
This one is embossed using Ballet Blue Craft ink and clear embossing powder. However, since she decided she needed 100 of them, after the first 40 or so, I decided to stop embossing and just stamp the images. I still used the Ballet Blue Craft ink as it just came out a little darker and brighter looking that the classic ink did. I only have 20 more to go and I will finally be done with them. She has not been getting a lot of them written lately, so that only added to my procrastinating nature, plus after awhile I really got tired of looking at them and just couldn't get back in the mood to make more. But I plan to finish them tomorrow or Monday and get the last of them delivered to her. I enjoyed the experience of it, but will never agree to make that many again unless I have help (at least not embossed - too time consuming). Plus, I made these as a gift, so it is not like I was getting paid to make them. I use to babysit Irene when she was about 11-12 yrs. old...well not babysit, but provide afterschool care for her. It was like having one of my baby's having a baby. She is just a few years older than George.

No comments:

May 2023 MPP - Exploring In Color

I LOVE this month's cards, especially the ones with the buffalos. They remind me of our trip to hubby's sister's country home in...