Sunday, August 31, 2008

Jacob takes his 1st Army Oath




As most of you have heard by now, my youngest son, Jacob, is enlisting into the Army. He took his first oath on Aug. 23rd (2 days after I returned from my trip and all of this was decided on while I was away). I am very proud of him, but I am still having to get use to the whole idea. We had hoped he would take a year off from school and work and then go to college in an ROTC program to earn a commission and then go in and he was originally talking about going into the Navy and now all that has changed. He wants to go into Infantry Airborne Rangers. He leaves on Sept. 18th for Basic Training which starts on Sept. 26th in Ft. Benning, GA, then Airborne School there after that and then if he qualifies he goes to Ranger School and then if he qualifies he would like to go into Special Forces. Above are pictures of him taking his first oath (His dad was able to administer the oath since he was a Naval Officer, so that made it special)

No comments:

May 2023 MPP - Exploring In Color

I LOVE this month's cards, especially the ones with the buffalos. They remind me of our trip to hubby's sister's country home in...