2017 Stampin' Up! Retirement List

2017 Stampin' Up! Retirement List
Time to say goodbye! Click above to see retirement list.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Trip to Marco Island, FL and Ft. Worth, TX































Well, I am back from my trip to Marco Island, FL. Harold and I had a great time. It is beautiful there and the weather was wonderful. We went on a Sailing & Shelling tour on a 6-pass catamaran our last day there. We saw dolphins, 1 sea turtle (I missed him but Harold got a quick glimpse of it) and pelicans, egrets, and of course seagulls. I took pictures of different birds on the beach, one with a beautiful large orange and black beak. I have been advised by my bird-watching nephew-in-law that the orange and black beaked ones are Black Skimmers and the other bird picture are sandpipers (I knew that, but still not sure what variety). I had also gotten pics of Laughing Gulls, Royal Terns, Brown Pelicans and a White Egret. All very pretty.

On my return trip I went thru Ft. Worth, TX and spent a few days visiting family. My folks are doing okay, but not as well as I wish they were. I got to go and visit my brother-n-law and his wife and daughter, Lindsey and my new little nephew, Jay Jay. He is absolutely adorable, he is now about 7 1/2 mos. old.

I also got to go see my first pro-baseball game with my sister, Melanie and her son, Brandon and a neighbor of theirs. We saw the TX Rangers vs Detroit Tigers game. Rangers won 9 to 1 - YEAH!!!

1 comment:

Mary in VA said...

Welcome home! Love the pictures.