Sunday, June 14, 2015

VCRocks Second VSD Challenges

Sat., 6/13 was the second Virtual Stamping Day (VSD) Challenges for this season. I joined in late and got the first five done and finished the rest today. This time I even did the scrapbook pages, but I used Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio (MDS) to do them. My last chance to use it before it retires the end of month and I move everything over to My Memoires Studio (MMS). I did all of the challenges except #6 & #10.

#1 Make a monochromatic card.

Chose to recreate one of the cards from my Open House last weekend.
#2 Create a Scrapbook page for water. It can be water from a pool, beach, waterfall, kitchen sink, drink, etc, anything as long as water is the theme of the page.

Of course, I had to do a page involving my favorite person, my granddaughter, Bonnye.

#3 CASE a card out of the catalog.


Chose a card on page 98.
#4 Create a page with the theme food.

What better page to do than one with food from some of my red hat luncheons. LOL!

#5 Make a card using ONLY 5 colors from 1 color family (card stock & ink)
with either white or vanilla.


Chose to recreate another card from my Open House with minor changes to get all the colors from the same group and I chose to use all the new 2015-'17 In Colors. Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Tip Top Taupe and Delightful Dijon.
#6 Create a Scrapbook page using only 2 colors and 2 embellishments. Didn't do this one.


#7 Make a card using punch art.


I had saved this onto my Pinterest acct. and was happy for a chance to make it. Sentiment is from Guy Greetings. Cardstock used: Whisper White, Cucumber Crush, So Saffron, Real Red.
 
#8 Make a scrapbook page about the beach. Whether you have been there or it is on your future bucket list.
Again my favorite subject, Bonnye!
 

#9 Make a card using Pool Party, Pear Pizazz & Soft Suede. Now this one I started to not do, as I just wasn't sure what to use with these colors. I swear I dreamed about this card the night before. Love it and love this stamp set.


Stamp Set: YeeHaw! (Photopolymer set)
#10 Retired Challenge: Create a page using at least 2 retired colors, they can be any retired colors. Didn't do this one.

#11 #11 Make a card using the following sketch from our Ms. Robin (she gives measurements, YAY!).



This was a little out of my comfort zone. More involved than what I generally do, but I love it.
Stamp set: Papillon Potpourri, Sassy Salutations
Paper: Gingham Garden DSP, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Island Indigo
Ink: Melon Mambo
Tools: Elegant Butterfly Punch
 
#12 Create a Scrapbook page with pictures from your childhood.  This one I just shared 2 previously made pages as these are pretty much the only photos I have of me as a very young child.
 

 

No comments:

May 2023 MPP - Exploring In Color

I LOVE this month's cards, especially the ones with the buffalos. They remind me of our trip to hubby's sister's country home in...