2017 Stampin' Up! Retirement List

2017 Stampin' Up! Retirement List
Time to say goodbye! Click above to see retirement list.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Burnished Copper Cards



These are two cards I made in a class at a stamp store in Hollywood, Maryland (which is now closed). The copper piece is heated with a lighter-sized butane burner to get the multi-color effect and then embossed. The chicken card was embossed using a brass template; the tassel card was embossed free-hand on a stamped image. This technique was a lot of fun to do, of course I had to purchase all of the supplies to make more and as usual they were packed away and forgotten about. I was rearranging my craft room and going thru everything sorting things out and came across the supplies and these cards, so they are now in an accessible place and I have promised myself I will get them back out soon and make some more cards.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

wow! these must be eye-poppin' in real life.