Monday, May 11, 2015

VCRocks VSD Challenges

On the second Sat. of each month, VCRocks holds a Virtual Stamp Day (VSD) with challenges every few hours. I wasn't able to participate on Sat. as I had a headache and slept the day away. However, we have until noon Monday to participate. They alternated card and scrapbook pages for the challenges. I'm not in the mood to scrapbook, so I am only doing the cards.

VSD Challenge #1 - Make a card using your favorite stamp set in the current catalog.
Stamp set: Sea Street. This is my go-to fun stamp set. Words from Age Awareness stamp set.
 
 VSD Challenge #3 - Use Bermuda Bay, Pool Party and Smoky Slate on a card. Used Blushing Bride on the card on left for skin, looks like she has a sunburn, so I used Blush Blossom on the other one. I made 2 cards as I couldn't decide which saying to use and decided to use both.

 VSD Challenge #5 - Make a one-layer card.
Used "Sheltering Tree". Love this set. So versatile!

 VSD Challenge #7 - Make a non-traditional Christmas card - either with stamp set or color.
I chose colors and used Pool Party and Coastal Cabana card stock and Bermuda Bay marker. I personally don't consider these traditional colors. I wouldn't normally use them.
 
VSD Challenge #9 - Select a stamp set and make a card using ALL of the stamps in that set.
I used "I (Heart) Hearts".
 
VSD Challenge #11 - Make a feminine card - no flowers, no pink!
I know this looks a little pink, but in real life its more orange looking. It's Calypso Coral.

No comments:

May 2023 MPP - Exploring In Color

I LOVE this month's cards, especially the ones with the buffalos. They remind me of our trip to hubby's sister's country home in...