Friday, May 15, 2015

Cardmaking Day at Westmoreland Sr. Ctr. in Colonial Beach

Had a great time making Father's Day (for hubbies or sons), Thinking of You and Birthday cards with the ladies this month. Most of the time they pick their paper and stamps and then I make the card for the ones that can't do it themselves, but this time I had a couple that can do some of it themselves.
 
 The 2 cards on the left were chosen by Frances and the one on the right I put together for Cindy Tucker, the center's director.
 
 This card uses Moon Lake stamp set and sentiment is from Guy Greetings.
DSP is from the Adventure Bound Designer Paper Stack in the Occasions catalog.
 
 Guy Greetings, Bermuda Bay
 
 This card also uses paper from the Birthday Bash Specialty DSP and Night of Navy cardstock. Sentiment is from Sassy Salutations stamp set.
 
 Moon Lake, Adventure Bound Paper Stack
Sassy Salutations
 
Card on left uses paper from Best Day Ever DSP (SAB). Card on right uses a stamp from Moon Lake and sentiment from Guy Greetings.
 
My sweet ladies enjoying lunch after stamping.
 

After making cards, I like to drive down the street and go to the beach and went to see if I can see any of the baby Ospreys, but got to see a gaggle of little ducklings and their parents....sooooooo cute!




 Thought I was looking at a baby at first, till I started getting fussed at, this one flew away and another came in immediately to replace and take on the care of the babies.

 
Osprey that fussed at me or was calling the other one and then flew away,

 This is the replacement caregiver, coming in.
 
 
Also, admired all of the beautiful rose bushes around town. So beautiful!
 



No comments:

May 2023 MPP - Exploring In Color

I LOVE this month's cards, especially the ones with the buffalos. They remind me of our trip to hubby's sister's country home in...