Monday, August 18, 2014

VCRocks Virtual Stamp Day (VSD)

Saturday we were challenged to make cards following certain challenges. 6 challenges (1 card and/or 1 scrapbook page). I wasn't able to do them that day as it was DH's birthday, but did get them done on Sunday, since if you could not do within the 2hrs. between each challenge we had until noon on Monday to complete, but the goal was to try to keep each project within a 30 min completion from start to finish. I only did 4 of the cards and 2 of the scrapbook pages, but it was a lot of fun to do what I could. Here are my submissions:
Didn't do Challenge 1.

Challenge #2 Card
Make a 1-layer card (I did 2, just slightly different from each other)

 I used "Hit the Road" and Sassy Salutations stamp sets.
Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Soft Sky

Challenge #2 Scrapbook Page
Make a Fall Scrapbook page using Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso and Daffodil Delight

"Gently Falling" stamp set
 
 
Challenge #3 Card
Make a card using (at least) 3 colors within the same family.
 

 "Mixed Bunch" stamp set. Sentiment is from one of the My Paper Pumpkin kits.
I used 4 colors from the Brights Family.
Card stock Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive
 
 
Challenge #4 Card
Make a card using the sketch provided on http://operationwritehome.org/sketch-challenge-236  (I made 2 of this one as I accidently applied Challenge #1 rules to it and used the same colors in sample on website, I then did it in the colors I had envisioned when I first red it)
 

 "Sea Street" and "Sassy Salutations" stamp sets
Card stock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red and Daffodil Delight

Card stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy, Maritime Designer Series Paper
 
 
Challenge #5 Card
Make a card using your favorite technique.
I LOVE using embossing folders. So easy and add so much to a card. I needed a wedding card for someone and decided to take this opportunity to get it done. The embossing folder I used is retired.  I spritz the card with some shimmer paint and added pearls.
 
Card stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Daffodil Delight
 
Challenge #5  Scrapbook Page
Make a Summer Vacation scrapbook page. We had 4 different themes to chose from and I chose Bring the kids. I did it on My Digital Studio (MDS) and of course, used pictures of my adorable granddaughter, Bonnye.
 




No comments:

May 2023 MPP - Exploring In Color

I LOVE this month's cards, especially the ones with the buffalos. They remind me of our trip to hubby's sister's country home in...