Saturday, August 16, 2014

August Sr. Center Cards

Yesterday was my monthly visit to the Westmoreland Active Lifestyle Center in Colonial Beach. I love going there each month and making cards with these ladies and we have a couple of new attendees and expect more possibly starting next month. Yeah! I do use both current and retired stamp sets and cardstock and the occasional non-Stampin' Up! item that a friend of mine donates to me for them to use or what they have in stock there. More of the ladies coming are doing their own stamping. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a picture of theirs before they put them away and only got ones of the ones that I put stamped and put together for the ladies that can't do it themselves. They do pick out the stamps they want and the sentiment and the color of cardstock to use, I do the rest for them, but I still have them put their name or initials on the back and they feel like they did do it all themselves.

Afterwards we had a little birthday lunch and celebration for the Center Manager, Cindy and one of the attendees, Gail. I was asked to put together a card for them for everyone to sign as well. Luckily, I had some flowers I had done to practice with my new Blendabilities, so I used them.

 The first 2 are the cards I made for the birthday girls.
The one on the far right, one of the ladies used to make a card for her and hubby's upcoming anniversary.
 
 Pre-printed cards that my friend donated and we added the sentiment. (Sassy Salutations)
 
 Retired set - Cat's Meow
 

 New stamp set - Age Awareness
Flower was donated 3D stickons.
 
 Can't celebrate a birthday without a yummy cake!
 
 Cindy
Gail

No comments:

May 2023 MPP - Exploring In Color

I LOVE this month's cards, especially the ones with the buffalos. They remind me of our trip to hubby's sister's country home in...