Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Give Thanks Wreath and Halloween Cards & Treat Holders

Wow! I had not realized it had been so long since I posted last, so it is catch up time again! Sorry for neglecting my blog. However, I have been busy and I do have some creations to share.

On Oct. 15th, I had a Give Thanks Wreath Class and we made a wreath similar to the one on pg. 6 of the Holiday mini. I only had 2 attendees, but we had fun. One had to leave early, so she did not complete hers, but Tina did finish hers. Here it is:

I think it came out very nice. I started on a Halloween one myself and have all my lollies (SU! term for the circles), just have to put it together, but since Halloween is over, I am setting it aside for now to start on some new things. Gotta get ready for a craft fair I am doing for my red hat group in Dec.
Here are a few Halloween cards I did get made and actually sent out to family.

 These 2 are a case of ones done by my demo friend Catherine Ray, with slight changes.
I didn't have the black lace ribbon that SU! sold once, so I did the scallop. I also could not find my Shimmer Paint, so I used the Log Cabin Shimmer Spray. Loved the way it came out as it added little orange colored shimmer to the black. You can kinda' see it below.

I also made these cards, however the dragon is non-SU!, but I just had to borrow it from a friend and make it for my SIL as we both collect dragons. The hedgehog one is a retired Stampin' Up! set called "Hedgehog Halloween", had to make it for my niece as she loves hedgehogs.

The Happy Halloween on the hedgehog card is from a current stamp set called "Scaredy Cat".

Below are some treat holders I made for my red hat groups. The first ones are made using the Fancy Favors Die for the Big Shot. I love these, so easy to make. The DSP is Frightful Sight. The stamp sets I used are discontinued ones. However, I also did some using "Wicked Cool", but didn't get a picture of them.



These were made using the Scalloped Square Die and the packing paper from my Stampin' Up! orders. Great way to recycle. This was not my idea - I saw it on one of my online groups, but forget who originally did them as everyone started doing them as soon as she posted hers. I used both "Wicked Cool" and "Scaredy Cat" on these.
That is all of my Halloween and Fall creations for now.

No comments:

May 2023 MPP - Exploring In Color

I LOVE this month's cards, especially the ones with the buffalos. They remind me of our trip to hubby's sister's country home in...